Average Total Expense To Study In Canada | Things You Need To Consider Before Planning To Go To Canada



1. IELTS - CA $216

The very first expense I had was to give IELTS exam. I came to Canada in December 2016 and I started planning for it right when I was in the third or fourth semester of my college. That is in 2014. So I was preparing for IELTS  during those times. And in January 2016 I gave my IELTS exam. The cost for IELTS back in 2016 was around CA $216. By the time I graduated I was researching programs and colleges. One of the college I got an offer letter from was Centennial College, which I eventually selected as it was offering co-op. The total tuition fees for my program was $19,060. You are allowed to pay only a partial amount initially in order to secure your seat. And you will get time to pay the rest of the amount.

2. Medicals - CA $110

Once my seat was confirmed, I went to give my medicals. The charges for medicals was around CA $110.

3. GIC - CA $10,200

After finishing all these things, I started my GIC procedure. The cost of GIC certificate was around $10,200 but I paid $10,600 just to stay on the safer side so that my GIC doesn't get rejected.

4. Visa - CA $150

Once my GIC was approved and I had all the documents like fees receipts and other things, I applied for my visa, which cost around CA $150. After long waiting for a month or so, finally my visa got approved, so the next thing I did was to book my flight ticket.

5. Flight - CA $1090

The cost of the flight during those times was a lot cheaper and I got a good deal for CA $1090.

6. Forex - CA $800

I purchased a forex card and loaded CA $500 in it and to keep some Canadian cash with me, I also purchased foreign currency to use there, which was CA $300. So, my total forex cost was CA $300 in cash and CA $500 in the card. That is CA $800.

So this is the basic and mandatory costs. Almost everyone who is planning to come to Canada for studies will have to manage. And the total comes to around CA $31,700.

7. Shopping - CA $800

Apart from this, there are also some other costs like purchasing bags, shopping for goods, utensils, then all the spices and food items you are going to use there, etc. I purchased three big bags and one cabin bag and it cost me around CA $240. Then I got shoes to use there in winters which cost around CA $70.

We can expect the shopping cost to be around CA $800 depending on what you are planning to take with yourself and what you are planning to purchase in Canada. So that's the whole analysis of how much I spent to come to Canada. 
Average Total Expense To Study In Canada | Things You Need To Consider Before Planning To Go To Canada Average Total Expense To Study In Canada | Things You Need To Consider Before Planning To Go To Canada Reviewed by Ravi on August 15, 2019 Rating: 5

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.